Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sunny Leone denies rape statement attributed to her

Actress Sunny Leone has denied making any statement on rape on her twitter account. A section of the online media was abuzz with the news that Sunny had tweeted that “Rape is surprise sex.”
But then that was only after one, Kamaal Rashid Khan had mentioned on his twitter timeline that Sunny had said something to this effect. Kamaal Khan tweeted the above on January 31, when Sunny was busy filming ‘Ragini MMS-2’ in Mumbai.
Some sections of the online media, in an urge to jump the gun, did not verify the same, and ran the news that Sunny had deleted the tweet after putting it up.
“In normal cases, I would have ignored this man’s tweet. But it became an issue and I am not insensitive. Being a woman, I am not one to make a loose comment on rape. At a time when the country is in the aftermath of what happened in New Delhi, it is disgusting for someone to make a joke out of this. I strongly condemn the man’s incorrect and insensitive statement and his false accusation of me having made a callous remark like that,” says Sunny, who has sent a written complaint to the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell of the Mumbai Police, urging action.
The actress was earlier approached for a role by Kamaal Rashid Khan and she had refused the same. “I was informed by my manager and husband that this man had earlier offered me a film. We had refused. Maybe this is his way of getting back at us,” remarks Leone.
pls see tweet proving that kamal had tweeted it

No comments:

Post a Comment